By using the Linux console edition of Hard Disk Sentinel, it is possible to examine the temperature and health information (and more) of IDE, S-ATA (SATA II also), SCSI and USB hard disks connected to motherboard or external controller cards. The user must be root to use this software or start it with sudo.
List of features:
- display hard disk / solid state disk information on the terminal
- create comprehensive report about the disk system, including both hard disk and SSD specific features (for example, media rotation rate, TRIM command, etc.)
- display and manage acoustic setting of hard disks (on supported USB disks also)
- offers outputs for both users and scripts/other applications to process
The following information are displayed:
- detected hard disk number and device name (for example /dev/sda)
- size, model ID, serial number, revision and interface of all detected hard disks
- temperature, health and performance values
- power on time (days, hour, minutes - if supported)
» version 0.08 - posted on 2012-03-06
Improved hard disks / SSD support, improved USB compatibility, 64 bit version available.
» version 0.03 - posted on 2009-07-21
More details about hard disks / SSD devices. Manage acoustic level of disks. Different outputs to process easier with scripts or 3rd party applications.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Hard Disk Sentinel - End user license agreement
Please read this agreement carefully.
This End User License Agreement is a legal agreement between you and the
author of this software.
The software and associated documents, images, webpage are protected by
copyright laws, as well as other intellectual property laws.
The Software is licensed; you do not own this software.
The latest EULA can be downloaded from the webpage of this application.
It can be changed any time by the software developer without any prior notice.
The author offers you the right to use this Software, as described below.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to run
or otherwise use the Software.
If you run or use the Software, you automatically accept the terms
written in this EULA.
This EULA grants you the following rights:
1. You may install and use one copy of the Software, on a single computer
2. You may also store or install a copy of the Software on a storage device,
such as a floppy/ZIP/CD/DVD/USB storage or network server;
however, you must acquire and dedicate a license
for each separate Computer on which the Software is run.
A license for the Software may not be shared or used concurrently on
This EULA restricts you from doing the following:
1. You must not remove or alter the copyright notices of the Software
2. You must not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software
3. You must not rent or lease or lend the Software.
All other rights not expressly granted are reserved by the author of the Software.
Without prior notice, the author may terminate this EULA:
1. if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA
2. by offering you an updated EULA or any replacement or modified version of the
Software and/or the EULA
Upon termination, you must immediately stop using the Software and destroy all
copies of the Software and all of its component parts.
The author has rights to modify, upgrade or replace the Software at any time by
offering you a replacement or modified version of the Software.
Any such replacement or modified software code or upgrade to the Software offered
to you are considered part of the Software and subject to the terms of this EULA
(unless you receive an updated EULA).
THE AUTHOR PROVIDES THE SOFTYWARE "AS IS" AND WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER.
HE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR
REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR
ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
THIS MEANS THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF
THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU.
THE AUTHOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT,
SPECIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY INJURY
TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION,
LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY
DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LOSS)
ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE
SOFTWARE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE,
EVEN IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If you do not accept this EULA, please stop downloading or using the
Software in any ways.